Everyone is spending more time at home right now. With so much time on our hands, it’s
natural to want to spruce up our homes. While furniture stores and other retailers are closed,
the good news is there are home improvement stores and online delivery to help us make the
best use of this time and make some easy changes to freshen up our homes.
7 Easy Ways to Spruce Up Your Home
1. Outdoors – Big box home improvement stores are open and full of spring blooms; this is
a great time to add color to your yard.
2. Update Your Kitchen – Kitchen trends have changed. Add some color to your space
with modern paint or even a colorful appliance.
3. Re-imagine Your Living Room – With a little time to kill, try moving your living room
furniture around for a fresh look. Visit a local big box store for decorative pillows, area
rugs, frames, vases, and other décor details.
4. Change Your Walls – An accent wall is an easy way to liven up your space. Invest a
couple of hours to paint one of your walls a fresh color. Build a gallery wall with family
or vacation pictures – anything that draws attention to the wall and interest to the
5. Improve the Lighting – Simple things like installing new light bulbs or fixtures can really
change the mood of a room.
6. Plant a Garden – Whether inside or out, there’s no better time to try your hand at an
herb or fresh vegetable garden.
7. Clean and Organize – Take the time to finally tackle that cleaning project.
We’re all spending more time at home; as we appreciate our homes more, we can also take
this opportunity to tackle some of the changes we’ve been wanting to make.